Rae Pica has been a children's movement specialist for 24 years. A former adjunct instructor with the University of New Hampshire, she is the author of 14 books, including the text Experiences in Movement, the Moving & Learning Series, and Your Active Child, written for the parents of children birth to eight. Rae is nationally known for her workshops and keynotes and has shared her expertise with such groups as the Sesame Street Research Department, the Head Start Bureau, Centers for Disease Control, Nickelodeon's Blue's Clues, and a number of state health departments throughout the country. Rae served on the task force of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) that created Active Start: A Statement of Physical Activity Guidelines for Children Birth to Five Years. She is also the author of "Kids in Action," a booklet of movement activities parents can do at home with their children, sponsored by Kellogg, NASPE, and the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. Visit Rae at www.movingandlearning.com.
Articles by Rae Pica
- Childhood Obesity
- Helping Your Child Develop the Fitness Habit
- Promoting A Physically Fit Lifestyle For Your Child
- The High Cost of Being a Couch Potato
- What Might Surprise You About Childhood Obesity
- Why P.E. for Preschoolers?
- Getting Kids Back to Nature
- Infant Swim and Exercise Programs
- Kids As Competent Movers
- Overscheduled Children
- Playing With Baby
- The Cost Of Competition On Kids
- The Value Of Play