By: Jill Black
Create a garden retreat in your own back yard. Whatever the size of your yard you can create a garden retreat filled with the things you love.
Private retreats are places in the garden for enjoying the sights and sounds of your own backyard. Places that invite you to sit and linger, dangle your hand in the water, or take time to stop and "smell the roses".
You can make your special retreat as simple or as elaborate as you want it to be...
- A special quite spot under the sprawling branches of your favorite tree.
- An old swing that beckons invitingly to you to sit and stay a while.
- A Victorian-style arbor covered with roses.
- A bench (or large boulder) set amongst lush greenery beside the calming sounds of a stream or waterfall.
- Or you can create your own secret garden offering privacy, seclusion, and intimacy. This can be small space concealed behind a shrubbery or hedge, a screened inner city courtyard, or privately secluded behind high walls and fences complete with a special entrance that marks your departure from the outside world.
If you don't have a backyard there is always room for nature. Your sanctuary retreat can be a balcony or rooftop garden, a conservatory, or an indoor garden of potted plants complete with a comfortable chair that invites you to sit awhile and relax amongst the greenery.
© 2003 Jill Black at http://www.netwrite-publish.com/ the online magazine for creative living.