Tips for Teething
- Cuddle your child more often. Hugs and kisses help!
- Offer cold water or teething rings that have been chilled in the refrigerator.
- Rub your child's gums with a clean finger.
- Give your child frozen peas or blueberries, or teething biscuits every so often. (Watch to make sure your child chews safely, though.)
- Talk to your child's doctor to see if pain medications are a safe, effective option.
Elizabeth Verdick is the author of Teeth Are Not for Biting. Click here to read our review of her book.