A Pregnancy Calendar And Resource For Expectant Mothers
After a woman gets pregnant, she usually schedules an appointment with her doctor to run tests, and to do occasional checks to make sure the fetus is developing well. Although a doctor can help answer many questions that a woman may have about her pregnancy, she doesn't get the daily information and attention that she often craves.
Many educators have started to take notice of the desire for pregnant women to have more resources regarding their pregnancy. A good example is the new pregnancy resource started by Heidi Murkoff. This is the only online pregnancy club guided by Heidi Murkoff – the mom behind the What To Expect When You're Expecting® series.
Heidi's online resource provides:
- Day-by-day customized pregnancy planner
- Easy recipes, food, and nutrition tips
- Dozens of solutions to your symptoms
- Hundreds of answers to your specific questions
- Thousands of baby names and meanings
- Support from other women due in your month
- Advice from the mom who wrote the book
- Sex, love, and relationship insight
There are several other online pregnancy resources besides Heidi's, but I've found that What To Expect When You're Expecting provides the most comprehensive list of resources for pregnant women.
If you're just looking for pregnancy books to help you through the entire pregnancy, I encourage you to get a copy of What to Expect When Your Expecting. My wife used this book throughout her first pregnancy with our daughter. It's chock full of helpful tips and answers to many of the common questions women have during pregnancy.