Steven A. Lazarus, Psy.D., L.P.C.
Hello, my name is Steven Lazarus and I wanted to introduce myself to you.
I have a full time private practice in Littleton, Colorado near Broadway and Dry Creek. I specialize in several areas including:
- Individual therapy with children (age 4 and up) and adolescents
- Separation and Divorce (Before, during, and after the divorce)
- School problems, ADHD, Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety
- Child and adolescent behavioral problems at home and school
- Parenting issues in both private and group settings
- Adult individual, couples therapy, and family therapy
- Special Advocate Cases
I have a Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.) degree from the University of Denver and a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Colorado. I am a Licensed Psychologist and a Licensed Professional Counselor.
When working with children, I use a collaborative approach that involves parents, teachers, physicians, and other adults involved in the child's life. I work with parents on improving their interventions with their children, building on their strengths. Each parent/ child situation is different. When working with young children, I do play therapy and parent consultation. Play therapy has been shown to be an effective and appropriate intervention for children 12 and younger.
With individual adults and couples, I work hard to identify important issues and work toward a plan that will improve your level of functioning and reduce any troubling symptoms you might be experiencing.
If I can help you in any way by answering questions you might have, please give me a call.
Steven Lazarus, Psy.D., L.P.C.
Fax: (303) 267-2590
4 W Dry Creek Circle
Littleton, CO 80120
- Turn Your Fisher Stumbling Blocks Into Rebuilding Blocks (Format: PDF)
Articles and Presentations by Steven Lazarus
- Divorce Resources: Books and Websites (Format: HTML)
- Divorce Mediation as an Alternative to Litigation: Avoid Legal Battles and Help Your Children (Format: PDF; Size: 0.1MB)
- The Effects of Divorce on Children, How can we help: Presented to the Metro Interdisciplinary Committee on 5/6/03 (Format: PDF; Size: 1.1MB)
- Checklist of protective and risk factors for children of divorce (Format: HTML)